Arete LLC. (hereafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “the Company”) complies with laws and regulations regarding personal information and takes all possible measures to protect your important personal information.
- Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection
- As a lodging service provider, we recognize the importance of protecting personal information and recognize that it is our important social responsibility to handle personal information appropriately and to manage it safely. In order to fulfill this responsibility, we have established the following policy regarding the protection of personal information, and have established our personal information protection management system accordingly.
- Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
- When acquiring personal information, the Company shall specify the purpose for which the information is to be used, and shall use the information within the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use. In addition, we will take appropriate control measures to ensure that personal information is not used for purposes other than those specified, and will not provide personal information to third parties unless we have obtained the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains, or unless required by law.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- We will comply with all laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information. We will also ensure that our personal information protection management system conforms to these laws, regulations, and other norms.
- Implementation of Safety Measures
- In order to properly manage the personal information we have obtained, we will take organizational, personnel, physical, and technical safety measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to correct the situation.
- Response to Complaints and Consultation
- If we receive a complaint or consultation regarding the handling of personal information, we will promptly investigate the facts of the matter and respond in good faith within a reasonable period of time.
- Continuous Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System
- We will continuously review our personal information protection management system in light of changes in social conditions and the environment, and improve our efforts to protect personal information.
- Handling of Personal Information
- Personal information in our possession, how we obtain it, and the purposes for which it is used.
- Personal information on business cards and questionnaires provided at interviews, exhibitions, seminars, etc. may be used to respond to inquiries and requests, to introduce and guide our products, services, exhibitions, and seminars in each of our businesses, and to request questionnaires.
- Personal information provided by customers who request catalogs or explanatory materials about our services on our website may be used to respond to inquiries, requests, etc., and to introduce and guide our products, services, exhibitions, and seminars in our businesses, and to request questionnaires.
- Personal information provided on the “Careers” page of our website and personal information of applicants for employment obtained during the selection process will be used only for our recruitment activities, and will be deleted promptly after the completion of the recruitment activities.
- Personal information obtained through commercial directory records, staff records, etc. may be used to introduce products and services, exhibitions, and seminars in our various businesses, to provide information, and to request questionnaires.
- Personal information of business partners provided through interviews, business cards, materials, etc. will be used for procurement and communication in each of our businesses.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- We will not provide personal information to third parties except in any of the following cases.
- When required by law.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When we outsource part or all of our business to a subcontractor in order to facilitate the smooth operation of our business.
※In such cases, we will enter into a contract with the subcontractor regarding the handling and security protection of personal information, and will manage the information appropriately.
- When we have obtained the prior consent of the person concerned.
- As part of our business, we may provide the information on our website to external companies such as various search services for the purpose of improving the number of accesses and search engine measures.
- Outsourcing of Personal Information
- We may outsource the handling of personal information to outside companies. In such cases, we will enter into a contract with the contractor and properly manage the personal information entrusted to us.
- Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, etc.
- We will accept requests for disclosure, notification of purpose of use, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, etc., and suspension of provision to a third party (hereinafter referred to as “disclosure, etc.”) of personal information in our possession. (hereinafter referred to as “Disclosure, etc.”) will be accepted from the person himself/herself. Please contact the following for specific procedures for requests for Disclosure, etc.
- For inquiries regarding personal information, please contact
- If necessary, we will send you a prescribed application form by mail or e-mail.
- Please fill in the prescribed items on the application form, enclose the following documents for identification, and mail it to the Personal Information Inquiry Consultation Desk.
- A response will be mailed to the address indicated on the application form.
- Documents, etc. submitted will be handled only to the extent necessary to respond to your request, such as contacting you regarding your request for disclosure, suspension of use, etc.
- In the event that the submitted documents contain unclear parts, etc., and we are unable to process your request, we may contact you to that effect at the contact address you provided in the application form.
- Documents received will be destroyed in an appropriate manner without delay as soon as the response to the request for disclosure, suspension of use, etc. is completed.
- Documents for identification
- Please enclose a copy of an identification card issued by a public institution that shows your name and address.
- Driver’s license, Basic Resident Register card (must have photo), extract from family register (only required information such as address and name), copy of resident card (only required information such as address and name), certificate of health insurance coverage, certificates of coverage for various types of insurance (medical record portion not required), certificate of coverage for long-term care insurance, pension book, certificate of benefits, etc.
- If the certificate includes your permanent domicile, please make a photocopy of it after hiding your permanent domicile.
- Mailing address
Shiodome Buildings 3F, Kaigan 1-2-20, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0022, Japan
Arete LLC. Personal Information Inquiry Consultation Desk
- Please bear the cost of postage.
- We recommend that you send by registered mail.
Please note that we will not be able to respond to your inquiry in the following cases:
- If we decide that we cannot respond to your inquiry, we will notify you to that effect with the reason.
- When we are unable to confirm the identity of the person making the request.
- In cases where a request is made by a representative other than the principal, the status, authority, etc., of the representative cannot be verified.
- When the prescribed request documents are incomplete.
- When the requested personal information does not fall under our retained personal data.
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party.
- If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of our business.
- If it would violate other laws or regulations.
- Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal information to the extent necessary in the following cases:
- When you make an inquiry to us.
- When applying for our services.
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We use personal information collected from customers for the following purposes:
- To contact customers.
- To respond to inquiries from customers.
- To provide services to customers.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide personal information collected from customers to third parties, except in the following cases:
- When the customer has given his/her consent.
- In the event of a request from the police or other public authorities.
- When the law applies.
- Disclosure and correction of personal information
When we receive a request from a customer to disclose, correct, or delete his/her own personal information, we will certainly comply with the request.
- For inquiries regarding personal information protection, please contact
Kiyoshi Uzuki, Arete LLC.